Tuesday, November 8, 2011

As you can probaly tell, we had a great weekend in our little town of Artesia. They held a Balloons and Bluegrass festival. It was so much fun. It started out on Friday when two balloons were launched in the morning from our boys elementary school. It was awesome, since they were able to be so close as they got ready to launch, and then took off. All the kids were so excited. Also Mikayla got to come see them since the junior high principal told any teachers who wanted could come see them. Mikaylas class was one who came. So fun for all.
Saturday we all got up early to go watch them take off from really near our house. Well it turned out to be too windy, so none of the balloons took off. We ended up just going out to breakfast. Later in the morning, we went to the bluegrass part of the festival. They had some really good groups singing. Very enjoyable. There was also a glass blower there who was able to fix my broken cake top and the glass flower Bill bought me on our honeymoon. Needless to say, I was a very happy camper.
Sunday with the time change, we slept in and were still able to go and see the balloons take off. This time the weather was perfect and all the balloons were able to take off. There were about 20 of them and it was so beautiful. Shaun comment was, "this is so cool". I totally agreed.
This brought back some great memories since many years ago, dad and I took a hotair balloon trip down in San Diego. We saw the ocean at sunset. It was such a peaceful flight. It is something I have never forgotten and would love to do again someday.
Well I hope you all enjoyed the pictures as much as I did. If you would like to see the many more pics I took, look me up on picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment