Monday, May 9, 2011

Shaun's Poetry Reading in School

This happened a week after we arrived in New Mexico, so a little out of order, but wanted to put this on. Shaun goes to an all kindergarten school. They teach many things there including Spanish, art, and music.
The children were supposed to write their own poem. So the teacher asked me to help Shaun since they had already done theirs and she really wanted him to be able to participate. I asked Shaun what he wanted his poem to be about. He said the ocean. So I asked him the title and he came up with, "I like the Ocean". He then started to tell me his poem. I wrote it down for him as he said it. Then he recopied it.
He did so good at the reading too. I was so proud of him getting up in front of all those parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment